BELGRADE COMMUNITY LIBRARY
106 N BROADWAY
BELGRADE, MT 59714
REVIEWING LIBRARY POLICIES
Background: Director brings policies to the Board on a regular basis. The intent is to review and update the library policies.
1. Once a policy is selected to review, the Director will have the document uploaded to Google Docs to share with the staff (comment only, no edits). All staff will be able to review the Google Document at the same time, and all comments will be viewable to all staff.
a. A deadline will be set by the Director to get edits, comments, and/or additions back from the staff.
2. After the review period by the staff, the Director will read over any suggested changes.
a. Any significant changes to the content or original intent of the policy will be reviewed with all staff at the next scheduled Chat.
b. If all changes are deemed fit for Board consideration, edits/updates will be incorporated into a red-lined document for Board review. A copy will also be sent to the staff.
3. The Board receives the red-lined (edited) copy of the policy for first read through in the Board packet for the next scheduled Board meeting.
4. At the Board meeting, the Board can request additional changes, information, or research from the Director or table the proposed policy changes.
a. If the Board requests more information or research, the Director will bring the policy back to the staff for the research or input.
b. A copy will be shared via Google Documents for staff knowledge.
c. If all changes are deemed fit for Board consideration, edits/updates will be incorporated into a red-lined document for Board review. A copy will also be sent to the staff.
5. At the next Board meeting, the updated policy will be shared with the Board for discussion. The policy is then either adopted or tabled.
a. If adopted, the policy is digitally updated, placed on the website, and printed for a binder in the Director’s office and circulation desk.