Belgrade Community Library is currently open, but with limited services and limited open hours. We will adhere to enhanced safety measures in order to protect our staff and patrons; including social distancing signage and floor markings, quarantining materials, and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces.
Please see note below about our quarantine process and how it might affect your materials being overdue.
Due to Governor Bullock’s directive on July 15th, mask or face covering use is required for ages five and older.
Temporary Library Hours:
Monday – Friday: 10am – 2pm
VIP (Vulnerable, Immunocompromised Person) Hour:
Tuesday & Thursday: 9am – 10am
Curbside Pickup Hours:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 10am – 6pm
Tuesday and Thursday 9am – 7pm
Open Hours with Limited Services:
- Mask or face covering use required for ages five and older.
- The library is currently limiting the number of patrons in the building at one time. Limited to 30 minute visits.
- Patrons will need a laminated card to enter the library. If none are available at the entrance table, then the library is at capacity for patrons.
- DO NOT reshelve items. Place any items you touched on the blue carts around the library.
- Follow signage for one-way traffic. No more than 2 people or 1 family in each row (unless posted otherwise).
- 30 minute time limit on computers. There will be NO extensions on time.
- Our free wifi is active and available outside the building, 24-7.
1. Place an item on hold through our Online Catalog.
2. You will be notified via email, text, or phone call.
3. Stop by the library Tuesday and Thursday, 9am – 7pm, or Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 10am – 6pm, and park your car in a parking space to leave the driveway open for through traffic.
4. When you arrive, call the library, (406)388-4346, from your car. A staff member will check out your items and place them on the table outside. When staff returns inside, you may pick up your bag on the table.
- Please return ALL materials to the outside book drop. We cannot accept returns inside.
- Donations will NOT be accepted at this time. PLEASE DO NOT PUT IN DONATIONS IN THE BOOKDROP!
- New data indicates that extended quarantine times are necessary for the safe distribution of library items. Effective September 4, 2020 we will be quarantining ALL returned items for one week before checking them in and returning them to the shelves or processing holds.
Please do not worry if your items are not taken off your account right away, as we backdate check-in by one week to account for quarantine times.
What is staff doing?
- Staff will be wearing gloves and masks.
- Staff will adhere to strict cleaning procedures of commonly touched areas.
- Staff will disinfect laminated cards in between use.
- Staff will disinfect materials handled by patrons.
- Staff will disinfect computers after each use.
- Staff will keep up to date on national standards, and implement them appropriately.