Belgrade Community Library is currently open, but with limited services and limited open hours. We will adhere to enhanced safety measures in order to protect our staff and patrons; including social distancing signage and floor markings, quarantining materials, and sanitizing frequently touched surfaces.
Please see note below about our quarantine process and how it might affect your materials being overdue.
Due to Governor Bullock’s directive on July 15th, mask or face covering use is required for ages five and older.
Temporary Library Hours:
Open Hours: Monday – Friday, 10am – 2pm
VIP (Vulnerable, Immunocompromised Person) Hour: Tuesday and Thursday, 9am – 10am
Curbside Pickup Hours: During Open Hours and Monday and Wednesday, 2pm – 7pm; Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 2pm – 6pm
The Belgrade Community Library is currently in Phase 2 of reopening after the closure due to COVID-19. We have received requests for additional hours and would like to honor those requests by asking the community for their input. Please click the link below for more details and a short survey. Thank you.
Open Hours with Limited Services:
- Mask or face covering use required for ages five and older.
- No more than 10 people in the library. Limited to 30 minute visits.
- Patrons will need a laminated card to enter the library. If none are available at the entrance table, then 10 people are already in the library.
- DO NOT reshelve items. Place any items you touched on the blue carts around the library.
- Follow signage for one-way traffic. No more than 2 people or 1 family in each row (unless posted otherwise).
- 30 minute time limit on computers.
- Our free wifi is active and available outside the building, 24-7.
1. Place an item on hold through our Online Catalog.
2. You will be notified via email, text, or phone call.
3. Stop by the library Monday and Wednesday, 10am – 7pm, or Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 10am – 6pm, and park your car in a parking space to leave the driveway open for through traffic.
4. When you arrive, call the library, (406)388-4346, from your car. A staff member will check out your items and place them on the table outside. When staff returns inside, you may pick up your bag on the table.
- Please return ALL materials to the outside book drop. We cannot accept returns inside.
- Donations will NOT be accepted at this time.
- New data indicates that extended quarantine times are necessary for the safe distribution of library items. Effective September 4, 2020 we will be quarantining ALL returned items for one week before checking them in and returning them to the shelves or processing holds.
Please do not worry if your items are not taken off your account right away, as we backdate check-in by one week to account for quarantine times.
What is staff doing?
- Staff will be wearing gloves and masks.
- Staff will adhere to strict cleaning procedures of commonly touched areas.
- Staff will disinfect laminated cards in between use.
- Staff will disinfect materials handled by patrons.
- Staff will disinfect computers after each use.
- Staff will keep up to date on national standards, and implement them appropriately.