Building a Learner
This is a once a month story time focusing on working with caregivers to support language development and school readiness for their children. Each session will feature traditional storytime elements along with a breakout session to focus specifically on a tool caregivers can use with their children to promote learning and development. In the fall we focused on different aspects of Shared Reading, but the spring will provide a more varied subject list. Open to children of all ages with their caregivers, but tips and techniques presented will be most effective when children have begun to speak.
- January 7th: Review of entire Shared Reading process from Fall
- February 4th: Gross and Fine Motor movement
- March 3rd: OPI Kindergarten standards–Numbers and Counting
- April 7th: OPI Kindergarten standards–Shapes and Geometry
- May 5th: Transitions, incorporating tools into everyday life